Friday, November 15, 2013

NELA

tumblr_mvf02qWxQh1swee12o1_1280 tumblr_mvf02qWxQh1swee12o3_1280 tumblr_mvf02qWxQh1swee12o10_r1_1280 The NELA Art Walk is an event that happens in my neighbor hood every second Saturday of the month. I’m completely obsessed and I try to make it out there as much as I can. All the Galleries in Highland Park open up, and there are always different artists with various displays. These snap shots were from October’s “Tunnel Vision” theme. What interests me the most about this walk is the way people come together with creative ideas on how to improve the community. The abandoned church on York Blvd is being converted into a new performing arts location focusing on theater, cinema and music. An eerie tunnel in Cypress Park, which was once closed off to the public, has been renovated to become a new art space every Saturday. If there’s one thing I know for sure it’s that there’s a renaissance happening over here, and you don’t want to miss this.

No comments:

Post a Comment